Monday, July 30, 2012

24 years and 34 weeks.

There’s this philosophy that the older you get, the more lame your birthdays become.  I’m starting to see the decline in celebratory options already by the ripe old age of 24.  Meaning; party invitations with pony’s don’t get sent out and there are no goodie bags to be collected.  But nonetheless, I look forward to my birthday every year as if I were turning 7 all over again.  (Sidenote: my mom threw me some killer birthday parties back in the day, complete with neighborhood talent shows and themed parades.)  Without a doubt my mom and Brent make sure that my birthday remains special and exciting. Brent and I went down to PC to spend the weekend with Mom and Pop for my infamous birthday weekend. 

Some years we boat, others we camp, but this year being 34 weeks pregnant, things remained a little more local and subdued. After a belly full of mom’s biscuits and gravy, we perused Park Silly Market, enjoyed a chocolate covered banana and some cold beverages, headed home for relaxation, and then closed out the evening with true Chinese dining.  There may or may not have been some shopping somewhere in between. Perfection.  I think the boys celebrated most of all with their rendition of Olympic wrestling with Toby and Allie. 

Everyone knows when you have dogs; you have dog hair.  It’s a never ending battle of picking individual hairs off your everything…clothes, floors, couches, toothbrush, whatever.  So in all honesty, when asked what I wanted for my birthday, I replied with something, anything to help get rid of the dog hair.  I’m the proud owner of a pretty awesome wood floor cleaning system that sweeps and mops all in one, and a Schticky. Yes, a Schticky.  Google it please and then Youtube the commercial.  The world’s best cleaning product comes from a fairly obvious perverted infomercial. Ha-larious! But it honestly is the best thing since sliced bread.  I “schticky” everything the commercial implies, and then some.  Thanks family!


Bird Update: At my 34 week appointment, I measured 40 weeks.  Yup.  My hopes for Rendezvous attendance are sliming.  


No comments:

Post a Comment