Monday, August 23, 2010

Will you still need me? Will you still feed me? When I'm 64!

Happy birthday to the hippest 64 year old I know...my Momma!
This past weekend, Brent and I went down to Park City to celebrate my mom's birthday.  She considers herself spoiled this weekend, but she deserved even more!


On Thursday, my Pop got her fly fishing gear, and her and my brother headed off to the river and fished for the afternoon. Friday was the John Prine concert. Then Saturday was a day at Costco, (which doesn't seem too exciting to most people...but our family loves Costco) then a steak and lobster dinner with close friends. My Pop, once again, outdid himself and gave my mom a new spankin' nice camera! Which, of course, contains all of the pictures from the Birthday Bash, hence the picture-free-post this time. I'll be sure to post them soon though! 

Happy Birthday to you Mom!
 I love you!

I could be handy, mending a fuse
When your lights have gone.
You can knit a sweater by the fireside
Sunday mornings go for a ride.

Doing the garden, digging the weeds,
Who could ask for more.
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four.

No comments:

Post a Comment