Friday, August 20, 2010

John Prine


"Make me an angle that flies from Montgomery, make me a poster of an old rodeo. Just give me one thing, that I can old on to. To believe in this living is just a hard way to go..."
John Prine

My entire life, my Pop has listened to what we now affectionately call "old, ugly, white guy" music. Artists such as Lenord Cohen, Dave VanRonk, Neil Young, Tom Waits, and my personal favorite John Prine.  In order for my family to listen to you, you must be old...ugly...white...and/or sound like you're near death.  After years of fighting the obsession, I have become a lifetime fan. My Pop and I share a love for music together, so getting the experience to see John Prine in concert with my Pop, Mom, and husband was absolutely amazing, and will be a memory I will cherish for my lifetime. 





1 comment:

  1. Ok, I'm going to have to listen to him and let you know what I think. :O)

    ReplyDelete